Friday, April 13, 2007
Vanagon Seat Armrest Removal
A quick writeup to removing the armrests from late model Vanagon seats in order to use them in a bus with door fresh air vents.
February 21, 2007
This is for those of you who visit this site...
I picked up a set of seats from a 1999 Cadillac STS. Gray leather. Free from Craigslist.
The plan is to weld stands to the two front seats to become the Guac's middle bench. The rear bench seat from the car will be welded to brackets that will bolt onto Westy bed brackets. To become a bed.
I picked up a cheapie 120v flux core wire welder (no MIG) that works wonderfully. Way better than my little arc welder. 2" angle iron and 1" steel tubing for the stands. Should be plenty strong.
I'll have pics soon!
February 17, 2007
Rear View Mirror Replacement
I pulled the stock mirror out and installed a windshield mounted mirror. Why? It lowered the mirror so I have a chance of seeing the horizon!
This mirror was $20 at Autozone. It'll do until I get one from the junkyard I like better.
February 15, 2007
Viagra for the Guac!!!
Ok, not really. But I documented my turn signal switch replacement:
February 15, 2007
Parts Photo Database
I've moved the parts photos database from the GWB site over here. http://www.donimages.com/guac/parts.html I have gobs of stuff to add, but I need to sort through all the pics and get part numbers, etc etc etc.
February 5, 2007
Power Socket in the Engine Compartment
Adding a power socket and light to the engine compartment: Power Socket
January 24, 2007
Auxiliary Air Regulator Elbow Replacement
A solution for shitty parts... Learn more.
January 1, 2007
Happy New Year!
It's a new year for the Guacamole Bus!
The previous blog/front page of this site is now at http://www.donimages.com/guac/index2006.html and will no longer be updated.
Don't worry though! There's plenty to do to the Guac in 2007! A list of my To-Do's:
- Finish scrubbing the interior metal, treating all rust with Rust Bullet (http://www.rustbullet.com) and painting if necessary.
- Insulate the bus with "NASA" insulation. I've already begun the process, but with the back seats out it'll be easier to finish.
- Build a bed to replace the rearmost seat. Either westy brackets (preferred) or "Z-Bed" brackets from Bus Depot.
- Build new interior panels, along with a media center for the rear passengers.
- Rebuild the 79 engine setting in my garage giving it a bit more oomph.
- Install Pertronix.
- Install some kind of CDI.
- Install the alloy wheels I need to finish painting.
That's not it, but it's a start. We'll see how much of that is finished by the end of the year!